- Product Overview
- Industry Solutions
- Free Trial
- Services &
If desired, you may e-mail your qualifications
for Silvon job opportunities to Silvon HR.
The Technical Consultant shall be a motivated individual willing to leverage his or her experience and to adapt new skills as required to support various Services groups within Silvon. The responsibilities of the Technical Consultant shall include:
This position offers the potential for advancement within Silvon's Technical Services, Professional Services, Managed Services or PreSales organizations.
The Technical Consultant will be located in the Chicago area and work out of Silvon’s Westmont, Illinois, office. Travel is required and will range from 25% to 50%.
- 1 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of SQL a definite must, with the ability to construct simple to more advanced SQL statements used for extracting data from transaction-based databases.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and / or 2005 (especially Analysis Services). Use of MDX, Integration Services / Data Transformation Services and Reporting Services are also highly desired.
- Knowledge of Web server environments, web services, and the use of XML and / or HTML.
- General working knowledge of Windows 2003 Server, with the ability to navigate on the server and to configure and administer certain services relating to different Silvon applications.
- Some experience with various programming languages such as VB, Java Script and DTS.
- Must have highly valued interpersonal skills, including the ability to be rational, objective, and unbiased when making decisions or taking action.
- Communication and presentation skills a must, to effectively speak in front of customers and articulate the technical aspects of Silvon’s product offerings clearly and confidently.
- Must be open, flexible, and creative in handling time management and scheduling challenges.
Assist in supporting the internal applications necessary to run a high-tech software company. The IT director will provide direction and technical knowledge to the Application Support Analyst.
As Product Manager, you will work with a team that is charged with increasing the success of the company’s main product. In this role, you will champion all activities related to the definition, development and lifecycle of Silvon’s Stratum product line. This extends from increasing the profitability of Silvon’s existing Stratum applications to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
The Product Manager must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand problems within it, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company to define and prioritize product release requirements. In this respect, you will be a key member of the product strategy committee, which defines strategy based upon your prioritized input of product release requirements, competitive analysis and market research. You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. This will include:
The compensation would be a base salary and quarterly bonuses tied to objectives. The base will be commensurate with your experience.
At Silvon, the Area Sales Manager owns the business opportunities in the territory. While working with both our installed base of accounts, and leveraging partners to generate new business activity, you will be interfacing with line of business managers, executives and IT professionals to position Stratum as an Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) analytic application that is strategic to their organization.
An ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience in selling ERP, Business Intelligence and/or other related enterprise software products into mid-market or large manufacturing or distribution accounts. You must have demonstrated success in a complex sales process, functioning in a team selling environment by leading all sales activities and appropriate resources of the company.
- Achieve software license, consulting, and maintenance revenue quota goals
- Through your direct sales efforts
- By providing sales support for business partners who both resell and/or create sales leads
- Create targeted telephone prospecting lists/campaigns for our lead generation programs
- Provide accurate, timely pipeline reports and sales forecasts
- Diligently use Silvon's CRM system for all customer interaction notes and activities
- Exercise good time and territory management skills
- Cover a multi-state territory with appropriate travel
- Employ the prudent use of Pre-Sales and technical resources
Advancement into middle- and senior-level sales management roles is available for those who exhibit the ability to perform above the expected levels of their current responsibilities.
The Account Manager is an integral part of a two person sales team. Partnered with an Area Sales Manager, the Account Manager will share sales territory goals/quotas. The Area Sales Manager will provide direction and support to the Account Manager.
The Account Manager role can lead to a field sales (Area Sales Manager) role through exceptional performance. Advancement into middle and senior level sales management roles is available for those who exhibit the ability to perform above the expected levels.
As a leader in the software development industry, Silvon competes aggressively for top talent with compensation plans designed to reward individuals based on merit.
We offer employees the opportunity to be creative and challenged on a daily basis.
Silvon provides comprehensive coverage for nearly all of your personal and family medical and dental needs.
We offer internal professional development and education.
To help you achieve financial security at your retirement, Silvon offers an excellent 401K savings plan.