Stratum’s architecture was designed to handle the demanding business intelligence and reporting requirements of supply chain manufacturing, distribution and retail businesses that must deal with:
- High volumes of daily business transactions;
- Granular data coming from one or more sources, including ERP, CRM, external sources (like point-of-sale), other business intelligence systems, multiple ERPs and Excel;
- A wide variety of users with different reporting preferences and analytical disciplines
- The need for near real-time visibility to operational data
STRATUM BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE APPLICATIONS
- Brings together information from multiple areas of the enterprise for contextual analysis
- Road map for information collection and storage for the enterprise
- Pre-defined views and model allow quick deployment
- Configurable and extensible
- Provides for visibility throughout the supply chain
DATA STORAGE SERVER
The foundation that supports Stratum (called Stratum Server) is designed and optimized for enterprise applications.
Stratum Server connects to high performance transaction systems to generate a single repository of key data from all parts of the business (e.g., sales, inventory, purchasing, manufacturing, etc.). The data repository can reside on either a Microsoft SQL Server or DB2 on an IBM i.
Data for the Stratum repository / data warehouse can be derived from a number of sources, including:
Read more …
- Operational / ERP systems like those marketed by Infor, Oracle, SAP; vertical industry-specific solutions; custom-built, in-house systems; and other enterprise software applications
- SQL Server, DB2 and other relational databases
- Demand planning, forecasting and S&OP systems, including Demand Solutions, John Galt and Silvon’s own Stratum Forecasting application
- Retailer-supplied point-of-sale data
- Syndicated data services
- Interfaces for information to get to Stratum
- Simple formats make it easy to include info
- Summary rollups, relationships, time, storage architecture all handled
- Does not affect import process
- Does not affect user experience
- Are part of the meta data that describes Stratum
- Shields user views from changes to cube structure
- Allows for selection and sharing of meta data from relational store
- Aggregate aware, selects the most efficient aggregate level to create cubes
- Provides pre-defined calculated measures from both the relational store and custom to the cubes
- Shares lists between the relational and OLAP environments
- Allows for multiple OLAP environments from a single relational environment
- Automated OLAP definition based on meta data
- Handles unknown members and missing data
- Different levels of functionality based on user or user groups
- Integration to other applications
- Parameter handling provides for passing information
- URL soft parms and switches allow for easy integration
- Allows for integration to forecasting / inventory optimization engines and to a line definition utility for financial reporting
- Simple structures for adding or refreshing data
- Rolling- and relative-based calendar support
- Multiple, co-existent calendars: Fiscal, yearly, 4-4-5 calendars
- Multiple units of measure: Information can be presented to users in their own terms.
- Scalability: Large volumes of data stored at a detail level can be accessed at a high level and drilled to at the lowest level.
- Database change processing: Database changes can be addressed quickly and easily (e.g., sales rep reassignments, territory changes, changes resulting from M&A activity).
- List processing: Users can easily subset and save lists of products, customers, or any other information they wish to focus on for future analyses.
- Net-change updates: You can process net changes only for maximum performance.
- Performance tuning: Built-in performance monitoring facilities allow you to tune Stratum automatically while maximizing system resource utilization.
- Simple dimension and measure security.
- User-based menu and home page support.
Read less …
An application connector from the Stratum Server data repository to a Windows-based web server enables users to have access to relevant information - anytime, anywhere.
A single- or multi-tiered web architecture is supported to allow for more efficient processing.
Read more …
Stratum Viewer User Interface (Client)
- View creation and management
- Role-based access and functionality
- List creation and management
- View rendering
- Forecasting Connector
- Statistical Forecast engine
- Uses demand stream from Stratum
- Writes back to Stratum
- Inventory Optimization
- Dynamic Safety Stock levels/Economic Order Quantities
- Leverages the Stratum Inventory Performance Management application and information from the Stratum Forecasting connector
Line Definition Utility
- Financial information formatting and account roll-ups
Read less …
OPEN ARCHITECTURE PROVIDES FLEXIBLE INFORMATION DELIVERY
Data Presentation Interfaces
- Silvon’s open industry standard lets you connect directly to the Stratum database with solutions you already own while retaining the meta data and security that you’ve already established in Stratum.
- Any solution that works with Microsoft Analysis Services can access the data in Stratum.
Read more …
Data Delivery & Planning Options
- Stratum Actions
- Produces multi-format reports
- Supports automated report scheduling
- Enables detect and alert processing
- Stratum Portal Services
- Direct web part integration with SharePoint
- Views, menus and lists can be linked
- Used to create dashboards and KPI displays
- Mobile Support
- All views created in Stratum can be shared by PC browser and iPad users
- Information can be easily shared with others (e.g., like customers during reviews), regardless of mobile device used
- Alerts can be received and investigated on any mobile platform
- Reports can be received directly on any tablet, allowing on-the-go workers to remain informed and up to date
Web- and Server-Based Planning Environments
- A web-based planning environment leverages the Stratum Viewer user interface
- A structured, server-based planning environment is also available to legacy customers.
Read less …