Collaborative Planning & Forecasting
Stratum can play an integral role in your Sales Planning, Demand Planning, Sales & Operations Planning and Supply Planning processes.
- Sales Budgeting
- Open Orders & Historical Sales
- Sales Plan vs. Actual Sales
- Customer & Product Sales Performance
Sales & Operations Planning
- Supply Plan vs. Demand Plan
- Plan vs. Resource Capacity
Demand Planning & Management
- Statistical Forecasting
- Inventory Planning
- Inventory Analysis
With a built-in planning application and statistical forecasting engine, Stratum leverages all of the business intelligence and operational insight that are provided by its reports and analytics.
Stratum Planning takes the gruntwork and guesswork out of sales planning … letting you create sales budgets and plans with ease using the same flexible interface as your Stratum analytics.
- Easily seed your plans with historic sales results, manually input new targets, or leverage the results of forecasts generated by forecasting applications like the Stratum Forecasting engine.
- Quickly develop new sales budgets or revise existing ones for each part of the business under your control.
- Use “What-if” scenarios to gain different views based on hypothetical business“pictures.”
- Make changes at the detail or summary level and then explode high-level plans to lower levels (or vice versa) based on historical proportions or user-deﬁned percentages,
- Easily compare working" budgets to "frozen" budgets to track and reference changes
- Let Stratum compare your plans to actual results.
- Automatically alert users to plans that haven’t been updated, performance-to-plan exceptions, and more.
Looking to better align demand and supply? Make Stratum’s fully integrated forecasting environment an integral component of your sales and operations planning process.
The Stratum forecasting environment includes a central demand repository that’s easily accessible by sales, finance and operational users. Plus, it includes an optional (yet completely integrated) statistical forecasting engine for creating dependable baseline forecasts.
What’s in it for you?
- A consistent statistically sound, objective approach to analyzing and forecasting from historical data;
- Documented visibility into forecast adjustments; and
- A sustainable forecasting system that can be easily transferred and managed by new team members.
Supported Forecasting Models
Stratum Forecasting provides a complete range of forecasting approaches to address all types of business needs. Models like these are included and can accommodate seasonal demand, product hierarchies, product promotions, slow-moving items, causal variables, outliers and much more.
- Expert Selection
- Exponential Smoothing
- Event models
- Multiple-level models
- Seasonal Simplification
- Low Volume Models
- Simple Methods
Outlier Detection & Correction
Outlier Detection and Correction also give you statistically calculated outliers in historical data to ensure that inputs to the forecasting engine are cleaner and more accurate. You can also set the outlier threshold to eliminate past events that could affect future forecasts.
- Intro to Silvon and Stratum